The boys have officially made their debut! But before we get to that, the members did something called ‘TMI News’ where they revealed some of the behind the scenes moments from their pre-debut days. Here are the 11 moments you missed:
1. The members were first afraid of Han Gyul. The jean jacket and the up do hair (when he initially arrived for Produce X 101) might have given the bad boy vibe initially but the other boys quickly learned that in fact, he was the sweetest of them all!
2. The cuteness battle between Dong Pyo and Hyunh Jun begins. They are deemed as ‘rivals’ for the member with the most aegyo. In the Korean culture, aegyo or 애교 refers to a cute display of affection. Who do you think is the winner?
3. He may cute but is he clean? The other members reveal some news that may be surprising to ONE ITs – Dong Pyo does not like to shower! He tells Yo Han that he washes after him and that’s why Yo Han can never catch him – but is this true…? Only Dong Pyo will know!
4. We knew Jun Ho was meticulous but the other members think he may be borderline obsessed with cleanliness. It takes him at least an hour to shower and as he puts on a face mask to demonstrate how his skin routine, it took so long the screen had to be cut into three columns. Beauty doesn’t come easy, am I right!
5. Eun Sang is sensitive to smell, and there’s nothing wrong with that. He even has a favorite perfume called ‘Cotton’ (found here) that he sprays all over his clothes first thing in the morning, during practice, at home, everywhere. He admits that people might think he’s spraying it because he’s worried about how he smells but this is not true – he sprays it because the smell actually gives him a sense of comfort.
6. The center of the group has his own sense of comfort, and no it’s not from perfume. It’s from his teddy bear pajamas. If any of you know, Kakao friends is very popular in Korea and Yo Han is no exception. He loves Ryan and you can see him sleeping in it almost every night! Also, secret has it that along with this pair of pajamas, he wears socks to bed every night!
7. Song Hyung Jun has a nickname around the house; it is “song alarm.” Word has it, no matter if he’s tired or if it’s too early for the birds to be awake in the morning, he goes around the house to wake up the members every morning with his cute voice. I mean, who wouldn’t wanted to be woken to that face and voice?!
8. He may be the youngest but he does not back down in front of food. Nicknamed the ‘eating machine’ the members admit that Do Hyun LOVES to eat. And he eats anything – sandwiches, cookies, late night food, anything. He doesn’t talk while he eats and focuses solely on the food. We don’t blame you Do Hyun, you’re still a growing boy!
9. Chicken feet is a huge late night snack in Korea (believe it or not). And Wook Seok’s obsession has led Min Hee to eat it for the first time ever. Min Hee goes to say that he now likes it!
10. The debut concert was on August 27th and it was rumored that whole Gocheok Sky Dome was full. Korean and international fans flew from all across the world to be a part of their big day and it did not disappoint. As worried as the members were in the morning, as soon as the concert started, all their nervousness started to disappear as they saw all their fans in front of them.
I even had chills with their stage presence. It’s like they were idols all along. Fans were crying left and right and as they went about the first song, “Move,” you just can’t help but be proud of them. They have gone through a lot to get to where they are right now and instead of all the heat and the hate, they deserve the utmost love.
11. The concert ended with the song “I’m here for you“ and this is by far my favorite. I ended up tearing up when Seung Woo cried on stage. I could really feel for him. He is the leader, and I know his role is to be a strong leader and mentor for the other members, but he is also human and I’m sure he’s affected by the recent controversy surrounding all the Mnet groups.
ONE ITs, stay strong and X1, 꽃길만 걷자!
And check out their debut stage on M Countdown:
And check out how cute Seung Woo can be:
*All photo, video, and content credit to Mnet and the show X1 Flash.
Disclaimer: tallkoreangirl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.