Pop quiz: one of these guests worked at Hong Suk Chun’s cafe before the show.
So it’s day 2 (literally) for these contestants and today’s date involves a wedding photo shoot. I mean, I know the producers want to break the ice for them early on but I feel like some of the girls seem uncomfortable getting this close too soon. Nevertheless, it does the job!
If you haven’t watched episode two, I warned you – you should stop here!
Or go read about Episode 1 to get you up to speed!
The show begins on a zoom-in on Chan Woo’s back muscles as he’s swimming in the infinity pool when everyone is sleeping. To recap from the voting night before, he did not get any votes from the girls. It almost seems like this scene symbolizes a swim of rage?!
After he finishes swimming, he goes upstairs to get ready for his breakfast-making date with Ga Bin, but lo and behold In Ook is already in the dressing room – fiercely staring Chan Woo down and making it known with the almost-palpable tension that he has his eyes as well on Ga Bin.
Chan Woo wears a suit to his breakfast date (which I will get to later), gives an apron to Ga Bin to make sure nothing spills on her clothes while they are cooking, and literally cooks the whole damn breakfast. This guy doesn’t regularly eat breakfast and also said previously that he doesn’t know how to cook, and yet cooks a fancy egg scramble on toast? What?!
Next we go into the dates that we have been looking forward to: the photo shoot. The girls choose a wedding dress they want to wear and the guys choose a tux they like. The contestants don’t know their “match” until they walk into the place where the shoot is going to take place.
- The first couple revealed is, you guessed it – Chan Woo and Ga Bin. I got the chills when Chan Woo first looked at Ga Bin. I mean, this guy has googly heart eyes for this girl and this girl only. He’s all about complimenting Ga Bin and how beautiful she looks throughout the entire shoot. If only this whole episode revealed around this couple. Towards the end, he musters up the courage to hold hands with her and you can tell, this man has now had the best day of his life.
- The second couple is revealed at an amazing church. Min Seok and Chae Rang, who actually voted for each other the night before. This guy is not playing around though. At first glance, he was all shy and ‘oh I could never pose for a photo’ demeanor but once the flash goes off, he does the most physical touch (or skinship in Korean) out of all the guys. He quickly pulls her in tightly in a grasp and almost goes in for a kiss. I don’t know if this guy is a sleaze or just a go-getter.
- The third concept is Yeon Woo and So Young in their sleek suits. He initially asks her, “Am I above or below your expectations?” And she hesitates with her words – which unfortunately is the answer. But truth be told, their picture I thought was the winner.
- The fourth concept will blow you away: In Ook and Young Seo in a sexy concept. Given the fact that he literally says, “Oh it’s you?” when he sees her, they have zero chemistry. But you can tell, they are trying for that first place. This girl gets absolutely no screen time for the past two episodes but then all of a sudden she shines in her revealing, deep V wedding dress. C’mon Mnet, I’m sure there’s more to her than that.
- Last but not least it’s Jung Jin and Sae Ra. I think she fits this dress and the flower head piece very well. And believe it or not, she’s also become my girl crush fairly quickly. She tells Jung Jin right away that she likes how he’s the person she’s shooting the shoot with. She’s very genuine and I – along with Jung Jin – find this very attractive.
Dinner comes around and with this new bond that he’s formed with Sae Ra, Jung Jin is more confused than ever. He picked Chae Rang the night before but during dinner preparation, you can tell he’s more interested in Sae Ra. For example, he looks through the fridge. finds some leftover fruit and gives it to Sae Ra all the while ignoring Chae Rang who said she wanted fruit too. When Chae Rang is ignored, her bitch face is real.
In Ook is at it again with his cooking skills (although unsure why he needed a wine glass to break the eggs for the rabokki, 라볶이). Chan Woo makes sure Ga Bin who just happens to be sitting conveniently next to him has a dish of the food but doesn’t eat it himself (take that In Ook!)
The guys and the girls chat separately, of course the gossips of who could be love catchers and money catchers. Yeon Woo, who is the youngest of the group, is so not helpful as he literally twirls around in the bed thinking about how cute So Young was in the shoot.
Eventually the winner of the shoot is announced and it is Min Seok and Chae Rang. Their prize is to go into this secret room to listen in on ONE the interview sessions the contestants had before coming onto the show. This season, they are also adding what their close friends say about them, and what the contestants like to do outside of what they see in the show.
Min Seok picks Chae Rang and it seems like the direction that the producers are trying to hint at is money because it seems like if she does win the show, she will go on this extravagant trip. Her close friend also mentioned she has too high of expectations and is unsure if she has time for a relationship.
Chae Rang actually picks In Ook. He states that surprisingly, eight days is not too short to find someone and his friends believe that because he was so busy with working out, he couldn’t find someone. And we don’t blame him.
Knowing this information, Chae Rang (to no one’s shock) tells the other girls that she thinks In Ook is a money catcher. My bet is that she’s doing this so she can push everybody away and go for him herself (aka she’s in it for $$$)
I’ll leave the final votes from this episode off but if I could spoil one more event, it would be that today, Ga Bin and Chan Woo chose each other, and that is all that matters. My bets are still the same as last week’s – you can read about it here!
Next week’s preview does not look good for the WooBin couple (Chan Woo and Ka Bin) again. Looks like Ga Bin and In Ook go swimming together and Chan Woo overlooks the pool and sees them.
Truly, my bias is for Chan Woo. I think he is a sweetie and a love catcher. He wore a freaking suit to breakfast possibly to impress the girl, which I found adorable. (He cooked toast with a suit on, I mean…. can we get a holla?) He also has no problems expressing his current feelings, which I find really admirable. I think he is my one pick right now!
And there you have it. The second episode! Let me know what you think in the comments below, and stay tuned next weekend for the review of the next!
All pictures, GIFs, and content is credited to Mnet and Love Catcher.